Hello everyone, it’s been a while since I’ve written a blog post. Today I’m bringing every student’s instant hunger fix, instant ramen but a bit jazzed up with very simple ingredients.
WHAT IS INSTANT RAMEN?
Instant ramen are noodles that are precooked with a dried block of flavor powder or seasoning oil or sometimes both.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Koka Mushroom noodles
- Soy Sauce
- Oyster Sauce
- Sesame Oil
- Spring onions
- Salt and Pepper
- Begin with cleaning your mushroom. Wipe them with a damp cloth to remove any soil or dirt that may have been on them.
- Slice the mushrooms by placing the stem side down on the cutting board and slice across the mushrooms.
- Heat a frying pan to medium heat. Add sesame oil and heat it for a minutes. Add the sliced mushrooms and sauté them till they have become a bit soft and released some moisture.
- Add a teaspoon of oyster sauce and another teaspoon of soy sauce to the mushrooms. Cook for another 5 minutes and set them aside.
- In a saucepan, heat a 1 1/2 cups of water and add the noodles. After the noodles have become al dente, add the flavor packet/tastemaker (I don’t know what those small packets of spice are called). Or cook the ramen as directed in the packet.
- While the ramen is cooking, in a frying pan, add a tablespoon of oil and heat it. In a bowl, crack an egg and pour the egg into the pan. Cook till the egg whites have set. Season with salt and pepper. Do not overcook the egg, we want a runny yolk.
- Once the ramen is cooked, transfer it into a bowl and top it with the sunny side-up egg, the mushrooms that we made before and chopped spring onion.
- Mix everything up and enjoy!
|Prep time – 5 mins Cook time – 15 mins|
1 packet Koka Mushroom noodles
1 1/2 cups of water
1 tsp of soy sauce
1 tsp of oyster sauce
2 tbsp of sesame oil
Spring Onion (for garnish) (chopped)
Salt and Pepper
– Slice the mushrooms and set them aside. Heat a frying pan at medium heat. Add 1 tbsp of sesame oil and the mushrooms in the pan.
– Sauté them till they have become a bit soft and add the soy sauce, oyster sauce, salt and pepper. Cook for another 5 minutes and set them aside.
– Cook the ramen according to the instructions in the package.
– While the ramen is cooking, in another pan. Add the remaining oil, crack the egg, add it to the pan and cook the egg till the whites have set. Season with salt and pepper.
– Transfer the ramen in a bowl. Top it with the egg and the mushrooms. Garnish with spring onions.