Have you been craving some pasta throughout this week but you don’t have enough time to make them or you’re simply broke to order takeout? Well, this recipe is the perfect fix for your cravings. Its very simple and comes together quickly!
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.
WHAT IS PINK SAUCE PASTA?
Pink Sauce Pasta, also known as Parma Rosa sauce or Rose Pasta, is a mouth-watering combination of Marinara and Alfredo sauce. It can be as spicy and cheesy as you like.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Pasta – For this recipe any shape would work. You can use Spaghetti or Penne or even Fusilli. I used Spaghetti for this dish.
- Water to boil the pasta in.
- Olive Oil
- Small Onion, diced
- 5 cloves of Garlic, finely chopped
- Ham (optional) – I added this on a whim but boy oh boy does it enhances the flavor of the dish. It gives the pasta a subtle smokiness that you would not expect. However, it can be a little on the expensive side, so omit it if you can’t get your hands on them.
- Chilli Flakes
- Tomato Puree
- Chicken Stock cubes
- A slice of cheese – Depending on how cheesy you want the sauce to be, you can add more slices.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Boil your chosen pasta, according to the instructions given by the manufacturer. Reserve some pasta water (the water in which you boiled the pasta), about 1/4 of a cup. It will come in handy to adjust the sauce’s consistency.
- In a saucepan, over medium flame heat the oil for a few seconds.
- Add the chopped garlic, diced onions and chilli flakes into the pan. Cook them till the onions have turned translucent and the aroma of the chilli flakes and garlic fill your entire kitchen.
- This is the time you need to add the ham (only if you are using ham). Slice them into bite sized pieces before adding them. Cook them for 2-3 minutes.
- Next add the tomato puree and chicken stock cube. Make sure to dissolve the cube completely or else you might get some mealy bits once the entire dish is cooked.
- Mix them well and add in the cream and cheese slice/slices. Cheese is relatively expensive where I live, so the best hack I’ve found is using sliced cheese which almost gives you the same consistency as a good block of parmesan or cheddar.
- Combine them thoroughly and let it reduce for 3-4 minutes. Then add the cooked pasta into the sauce. If you find the entire dish to have a very thick consistency then add 2 tablespoons of the pasta water to help loosen it out.
- Finally add salt, pepper and oregano. Give it a final mix and serve it immediately.
|Pink Sauce Pasta Recipe|
|Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 25 minutes|
1-1/2 cups of Pasta
Water (to boil the pasta, as per manufacturer)
3 tbsp olive oil
1 small onion, diced
5 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1-2 slices of ham (Optional)
1 tsp red chilli flakes
80g tomato puree
1-2 slices of cheese
1 chicken stock cube
1/2 tsp oregano
salt and pepper to taste
Boil the pasta as per the manufacturer’s instructions and reserve 1/4 cup of pasta water.
In a saucepan, over medium heat, add oil and let it heat for a few seconds.
Add onions, garlic and chilli flakes. Cook till onions become translucent.
Add ham (cut into bite-sized pieces) and cook them for 2 minutes.
Pour in tomato puree, followed by the chicken stock cube. Making sure to melt the cube before adding the cream.
Next, add the cream and cheese. Mix everything together and let it reduce for 3-4 minutes.
Then add the cooked pasta into the sauce. Make sure to coat each strand or piece of pasta with the sauce. If you find the sauce to be too thick add a few tablespoons of the reserved pasta water to adjust the consistency of the sauce.
Finish the dish with oregano, salt and pepper. Combine them and serve it immediately.