With just two ingredients you have heaven on a plate. Worthy of bringing a smile to your face on a disastrous day.
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.
Dark chocolate and strawberries are a match made in heaven and when you combine those by coating chocolate on a very sweet strawberry it becomes a delight for your taste buds.
A chocolate strawberry can be so many things. It can be a part of your brunch, an evening snack, a quick and easy dessert and even a gift to a special someone. It is easy to make and less time-consuming.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Dark Chocolate – You will need a good quality dark chocolate bar which is at room temperature. If you live in a place that has a very hot weather such that the chocolate might become a little soft to chop, then place it in the refrigerator. Take it out 5 minutes before you chop them.
- Strawberries, fresh.
- First of all wash the strawberries, to make sure it doesn’t have any dirt on them. Pat them dry with a piece of tissue or a clean kitchen cloth.
- On a clean chopping board, place the chocolate bar and finely chop them. To do this place the tip of your knife on the chopping board and the blade part at the edge of the chocolate. Then place your non-dominant hand on top of the blunt side of the tip of the knife and with your dominant hand slice through the edge of the bar. To get finely chopped chocolate, make your slices as close as possible.
- After you have successfully chopped your chocolate bar, transfer them into a heat proof bowl.
- Next we are going to melt the chocolate using the double boiler method. In a shallow saucepan or milk pan, add an inch of tap water and place it on the stove at medium high heat. Then place your heat proof bowl on top of the pan. Make sure that the bowl fits perfectly over the pan and that no amount of steam can pass out of it.
- Let the chocolate melt for about 8-10 minutes, making sure to stir every 2 minutes. Once the entire bowl of chocolate has melted, take it off the heat.
- Now that you have everything prepared, take a strawberry and dip it 3/4ths of the way, shake off the excess and place it on plate. Repeat this process with remaining strawberries. Let the chocolate set at room temperature for 30 minutes or if you can’t wait that long then pop them into the refrigerator for 15 minutes and then enjoy.
|Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 40 mins|
200g dark chocolate
Wash the strawberries and pat them dry with a tissue or a clean kitchen cloth.
Finely chop the dark chocolate (Chocolate should be at room temperature). Transfer the chocolate into a heat proof bowl.
Place a shallow saucepan with an inch of tap water in it, on medium high heat and place the bowl on top of it.
Melt the chocolate for 8-10 minutes. Take it off the heat and stir it well to remove any lumps.
Dip the strawberries, on by one, 3/4ths of the way into the chocolate and take it out and shake the excess off. Place on a plate and let the chocolate set at room temperature for 30 minutes or in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
If you liked this recipe then make sure to check out my other posts down below. Also subscribe to this blog for more content and follow me on Instagram for more behind the scenes content! Byee lovelies xo